Friday, October 7, 2011

Good Scenery is in the 'Eye Of The Beholder!'

While I was waiting for the bus, at the St. Lawrence College bus terminal, I was enjoying great scenery.    Yes, colleges are a sea of good-looking men and beautiful women, who I hope will find each other.  As I stood there waiting for my bus, a young man sat down on a bench near me.  Could not help but notice him.  He had beautiful wavy brown hair, side burns that could melt you, and a face that has not seen a razor for a day or two.  He was handsome!


Mine you, a friend of mine may think I'm crazy, because she may like a man with no side burns (silly girl), and clean-shaven.  She may like blonde-haired men, not dark-haired men (I must admit, I prefer dark-haired).

I guess handsome  or beautiful is in the eye of the beholder.  I remember an old classic movie (cannot remember the name) about an ugly girl and handsome man.  The woman had a birth defect on her face.  She hid away from people by helping her mom as a maid in this handsome man's house.   Then the man had a car accident which left him with an ugly scar on his face too. 

The man used to have parties until his accident.  However, his solitude gave him time to get to know the maid’s daughter.  They became friends, then one day they were astonished because neither one of them were ugly.  They really believed they were beautiful again.  The young man threw a party.  The maid's mother and his doctor warned him against it, but he chose not to listened.

The night of the party, his friends came and left in horror.  The girl and man did not understand their friend's reaction to them.  When they looked at each other, they were beautiful.  The maid's mother informed both of them they have fallen in love and love sees only beauty!

Yes, beauty (or good scenery) is in the eye of the beholder, so I do not care if my friend does not like side burns on a man - I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment